• We are glad to announce that Dr. Luz Karime Gil has joined our team as a Business developer.
She will be involved in the research project SOLAR, supported by the grant CPP2021-008883 funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and by the European Union NextGenerationEU/PRTR. This project is in collaboration with Idonial technology center and ICN2, it is focused on the development of scalable and stable photochromic nanomaterials, for smart windows application. Welcolme Luz to the team!
• We are glad to announce that José Luís Ortolá Yano has joined our team as an internship student
and will be involved in company-related projects and brand prototypes. Welcome José Luís to the team!
• Kick-off meeting of the SOLAR project (Colaboración Público Privada), participated by the three partners of the project:
• Futurechromes (Dr. Luz Carime Gil, Aleix Carrascull)
• ICN2 (Dr. Claudio Roscini, Prof. Daniel Ruiz-Molina, Dr. Sohini Sinha, Claudia Nieva, Jordi Reverte)
• Idonial (Dr. Amador Menendez Velazquez)
This event was held at ICN2-Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology on 4th April 2023. We thank all the participants, especially Dr. Amador Menéndez Velázquez for joining us!
• Fast responsive photochromic nanomaterials as transparent films, coatings and printed patterns.
These and other product prototypes (e.g. smart window films) were presented PUZZLE X™ !
• In the event of promoting network of companies created in the campus of UAB,
parc de recerca UAB (PRUAB) had organised an informal meeting called “Xarxa d’empreses” with the aim of spreading knowledge and promoting collaborations. The event was held in the campus UAB on 27th January 2023. Among different spin-offs from CSIC, UAB and around the campus, Futurechromes S. L. had also participated in this event. It was a good opportunity to speak about the company and its main goal to develop highly transparent and long-lasting UV-responsive photoprotective coatings based on photochromic nanomaterials which will be used for the applications such as smart windows, ophthalmic lenses, sportswear and fashion products. We are looking forward to more of these kinds of networking workshops!
• Futurechromes is glad to announce the new collaboration with the prestigious Elisava, Barcelona School of Design and Engineering.
This collaborative project aims to open new opportunities to novel commercial products for the advanced photochromic nanomaterials developed with Futurechromes technology. The project will be carried out by the students Marina Ortiz Villena and David Riol Garcia, supervised by Prof. Jessica Fernandez Cano (Elisava) and Aleix Carrascull (Futurechromes), and Coordinated by Prof. Cristina Taverner (Elisava) and Dr. Claudio Roscini (Futurechromes).
• Dr. Sohini Sinha started the researcher position at ICN2
our long-term partner, for the collaborative project SOLAR (Colaboración Público-Privada, CPP2021-008883), funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033, and by the EU Next GenerationEU/Plan de recuperación, transformación y resiliencia (PRTR), and coordinated by Futurechromes. She will develop new photochromic nanoparticles and coatings, to consolidate Futurechromes technology in smart windows application.
• Futurechromes S. L. is going to lead the project SOLAR
– Development of advanced photochromic materials for solar light autoregulation – in collaboration with the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) and Idonial TechnologyCentre.
The project belongs to the project call Colaboración Público-Privada (CPP), CPP2021-008883, funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033, and by the EU Next GenerationEU/Plan de recuperación, transformación y resiliencia (PRTR).
The SOLAR project CPP2021-008883 funded by:
This collaborative project will be focused on the development of highly transparent and long-lasting UV-responsive photoprotective coatings based on photochromic nanomaterials. These will be developed to be used in future smart windows. These materials should allow to improve comfort and energy efficiency in buildings.